Status: No Longer Recruiting
This study consists of an online survey developed by researchers from the North American Mitochondrial Disease Consortium and sent to those enrolled in the RDCRN Contact Registry.
This Study is for:
- Alpers syndrome
- Aminoglycoside-induced deafness
- Barth syndrome
- Carnitine transporter defects
- Complex I deficiency
- Complex II deficiency
- Complex III deficiency
- Complex IV deficiency
- Complex V deficiency
- CPEO "plus"
- Diabetes & deafness
- Hepatocerebral syndrome
- Kearns-Sayre syndrome
- Leigh syndrome
- Leber hereditary optic neuropathy (LHON)
- Maternal-inherited deafness
- Mitochondrial depletion
- Pearson syndrome
- Reversible infantile myopathy with cytochrome c oxidase deficiency
- Pyruvate dehydrogenase deficiency
- Pyruvate carboxylase deficiency
- Coenzyme Q10 deficiency
- Other: Any fatty acid oxidation disorder, organic academia and any well defined metabolic disorder.
The purpose of this study is to learn more about the use of the supplement carnitine in patients with mitochondrial and metabolic disorders. Individuals with mitochondrial disease or any other metabolic disorder who are taking carnitine or who have been on carnitine within the last 12 months may take part in the study.
This study is no longer recruiting patients.